Thursday, August 30, 2018
Deliverance and Spiritual Warfare 101: Part 8
In part 8 of “Deliverance and Spiritual Warfare 101,” we continue our talk about getting “back to the basics” of Scripture to find deliverance and healing, discussing the next points of walking by faith, walking in obedience to God’s Word, living humbly, and the importance of continuing to focus on the Solution.
The notes in this post were written by Loren Grace, originally posted on our shared web site at this link: https://askcarolynandloren.com/2018/08/30/deliverance-and-spiritual-warfare-101-part-8/
Walking by Faith and in Obedience to His Word
• Walking by faith involves trusting that God is in the process of setting you free no matter how you feel.
• Walking by faith means that you continue doing what is right regardless of what’s going on around you.
• Walking by faith requires being obedient to His Word, and obedience requires submission to the authority of God. So if you are having problems submitting to God, ask God to help you!
• When you mess up and fall down, you confess, repent, submit to God once again, ask God to help you, and then start over, walking by faith and in obedience to His Word.
• And as you continue through this process of walking according to His standards, over time, you will become more discerning and more easily guided by His Holy Spirit.
• If you ever get to the point where you think you’ve “got it,” then you are going to fall right back into the same traps.
• Living humbly means admitting that you need God’s help.
• For an example of living humbly, look at the example of Jesus!
Focus on your relationship with your Heavenly Father.
• When you begin to focus on the Solution (your Heavenly Father) rather than the problem, the Spirit of God begins to apply His solution to your problem.
• He changes your heart and you begin to desire what He desires.
• As you begin to focus on walking in the standards of God — which include confession, repentance, submission, walking by faith, and in obedience to His Word — you will begin to want what God wants. And the Spirit of God will begin to change you, bringing you freedom and deliverance as you continue to daily walk according to His standards.
Walking in deliverance and freedom isn’t always easy. But it is simple.
Deliverance and Spiritual Warfare 101 Series
Part 1: https://askcarolynandloren.com/2018/08/12/deliverance-and-spiritual-warfare-101-part-1-back-to-the-basics/
Part 3: https://askcarolynandloren.com/2018/08/14/deliverance-and-spiritual-warfare-101-part-3-identity/
Part 6: https://askcarolynandloren.com/2018/08/22/deliverance-and-spiritual-warfare-101-part-6-submit-to-god